STEPS TO UNLEASH YOUR GOTHINESS: 1. Being Goth isn't as simple as it looks. You should realize that being Goth is more than a fashion statement, it's a way of life. Every aspect of your life, from cooking to gardening, must have a darker edge to it than normal folks'.
2. But speaking of fashion, you better look the part right down to your fingernails! This means experimenting with different variations of Goth fashion. Don't stick with just black Marilyn Manson T-shirts. Branch out into spiderweb body stockings, vintage black corsets and skull-print pants.
3. Don't stop with what you wear! As a Goth, you'll be expected to have a sinister-looking apartment as well.
4. As a Goth, you'll probably only be able to date within your little subculture. This also means Goths have their own style of pick-up lines and dating tactics.
5. Know your Goth lingo. The last thing you want to say is "rad." While you're at it, brush up on your vampire history.
6. It wouldn't hurt to buy a coffin now. Plus, some of the fancier ones can make really nice beds.
7. Just because you have a corporate job doesn't mean you have to sell out and keep your Goth threads at home.